The original HerdHomes® shelter includes a low maintenance slatted floor over concrete effluent bunkers (either 1.2m or 1.5m deep).
There is no on-going maintenance requirements with effluent deposited within the shelter, because it simply falls through the slats into below storage bunkers.
Why Cover Your Herd
- Decreased environmental footprint
- Decrease in soil and pasture damage
- Simple effluent management
- Simplified farm system
- Improved feed utilisation
- Improved animal welfare
- Increased productivity and profitability
- Reduce the impact of climate extremes